Saturday, September 13, 2014

Bat Nail Sting Art {tutorial}



Items needed:
-Piece of wood cut to size.  I used plywood cut 11 x 5 1/2
-Hammer
-Wire Nails.  I got mine at Wal-Mart for 1.00
-Paint
-Paint brush
-Crochet Thread
-Bat design.  I drew mine but you can google bat silhouettes and print it off.

I started by painting my board.  I added my design then started nailing every so often around my design, keeping my spacing as uniform as possible.


Lift off your design and tie your thread to one of the center nails.  I stared at the ears then followed the outline of my pattern.  This gives a clean look.   Then I started to randomly go from one nail to another skipping several at a time until I achieved the look I was going for in terms of fullness:) (why don't I have pictures of the threading? I got excited and didn't stop to take the pix...gah!)


I finished by tying off my sting.  Make sure you pull the sting tight!  I didn't like the look of the nails so I just dabbed some paint on the heads,
Here it is all done!  I'm super excited with how it turned out!  Super cute shelf sitter!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a CoMmEnT:) Come back soon!