Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dino Car Seat Blanket

Hey everyone! You know when you make something and you sit back and think to yourself "DANG I MADE THAT!?"  This is that project for me:)  I am soooo not a seamstress so I had to give myself a little pat on the back.:)  If I can make one you can too!  TRUST ME lol:) 
I followed THIS tutorial for this cover. There are about half a million out there but this is the one that I liked best.  She has such detailed instructions and I definitely appreciated that.  I had to make a few modifications but that's only because my baby will be a fall/winter baby and I really wanted my blanket to be heavier to protect him from the cold.  My mom had a light bedspread that she didn't want anymore and was going to take to the thrift store so I used that as my "batting".  After I added the "batting" I decided to keep it in place I would just go ahead and machine quilt the blanket to keep it from shifting.  The other thing I had to modify was my straps.  Other then that I followed her Tutorial STEP by STEP.   I was able to find my fabric {hehe so cute right?!} at wal-mart for under $10.
 I'm so happy with the way it came out!!


 I only have until October 4th for the baby to get here so I am getting VERY excited!  It will be so nice to finally meet our sweet baby boy!  

1 comments:

ERIC, JANA, MADDIE said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! That is awsome!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a CoMmEnT:) Come back soon!